Monday, April 13, 2009

Welcome :)

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!

I am pretty new to the blogging world – having just discovered blogs a little over a year ago. I have finally decided that it is high time that I start one myself. Let me tell you a bit about myself, I’m a 30 something mom who has been quilting for the past few years. I am totally addicted to it. I mostly make mini and doll quilts but also do full sized quilts too. I like to use lots of recycled fabric in my quilts and my family calls me the yard sale queen LOL J As soon as I can I will be getting a digital camera to show you some of my past quilts and of course my works in progress.

I live in the wonderful city of Athens and am currently house hunting for a place to call my own. I hope to be able to find something with a bit of acreage so that I can live out my dream of having a small farm. Nothing to fancy mind you but a few chickens, maybe a horse or two, some sheep and a nice garden with fruit trees. I want my family to learn to live a bit more frugally and be a bit more self sufficient.

Right now I am in the process of making a wonderful little Crazy Quilt mini made 100% out of recycled clothes that the Goodwill in Agusta was going to throw away. I hope to get to town at some point this week to pick out a camera.

Hugs,
AMYJO

No comments:

Post a Comment